Thanks for stopping by and God bless!

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Technically, it's still autumn!

I know it's Christmas, and yes, I have decorated my house and even my blog. In fact,I have been to a couple of Christmas parties and have indulged in many Christmas treats! As I type this, I'm wearing a Christmas sweater and listening to Christmas music. However, winter does not officially begin until December 20th or 21st (I can never remember); therefore I think it is still okay to blog about fall and share some pictures from various events this fall.

First of all, we spend a lot of time at football games from September through the beginning of November. I have mentioned previously, that I know very little about sports. I had no brothers and my father was not much of a sports fan, so I was never exposed to sports. However, I love going to the high school football games. First of all, my oldest son, Caleb plays the alto saxophone in the band. I too played saxophone in the marching band and have fond memories of marching and playing in the stands. My younger son, Josh, loves sports and has been on the junior high football team. This was his first year to play on the high school team. I do know that he is #88 and his position is tight-end, but that is about the extent of my knowledge.  I'm one of these Momma's sitting on pins and needles praying he doesn't get hurt!

In addition to home football games and away games, there were band competitions. I enjoy watching the band perform their shows. This year, the MHS Band's theme was "We Didn't Start the Earth Wind and Fire".







Josh in his football uniform (apparently, you are not supposed to smile in football pictures!)




Here are some pictures of the mascot and some pictures from homecoming 2009. He was an excellent mascot and provided us with much entertainment at the games.






Our good friend, Michael, showing his school spirit!







In addition to football and band, we were busy planning the church's annual Fall Festival.This has become a much anticipated annual event and fundraiser at our church. We have a silent auction, sell baked items, and food. The kids have fun playing games and participating in the cake walk and costume contest. Katie Beth dressed up like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.






Vena and Karen-- or should I say "Moneybuckets the Clown"-- helping sell tickets!





Lots of yummy pies, cakes, and canned items! To the left you will see Ms. Ruby and Sherri. They are just a few of the ladies, youth, and men who volunteered to make the Fall Fest successful.





Our youth department sold BBQ nachos, sandwiches, fried pickles and other delicious items at the "Hollywood Grill". They were dressed as movie and television stars. To complete their theme, they had a red carpet walkway and a giant Oscar. I guess this is "Dorothy" winning the Oscar!




So these are just a few of the things that my family has been doing this fall. The Christmas season is well underway and it is cold outside. I hope to share some Christmas tradititons and decorations soon.

God Bless!!








1 comment:

  1. Hi Tonya,

    Just stopping by to say hi!

    Katie Beth looks cute as Dorothy! It looks like a successful Harvest Festival!

    Hope ya'll are enjoying the Christmas season! Miss you guys!

    Hugs,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete