Thanks for stopping by and God bless!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Blessings!!!

"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." (I Thessalonians 5:18).

I love the Christmas season, and I must confess, that I even know how many days until Christmas (30 days!). I have started some Christmas decorating and I have even bought a few gifts. However, I like to make sure that I do not rush through the Thanksgiving Holiday. While the Bible tells us that we are to give thanks in all circumstances, many times I am guilty of not giving thanks like I should. I would like to take the time to blog about some special blessings in my life.

First of all I am thankful for my salvation. My mother took me to church and at the age of 7, I accepted Christ as my Savior. While I admit that I can't remember the exact day or the circumstances, I vividly remember realizing that I was a sinner, and kneeling at an altar and praying the sinner's prayer.

Next I am thankful for my husband. God blessed me with a wonderful Christian man and he has been my best friend and soul mate for 19 years. He is a great husband and father and always puts his family before himself.






I would also like to give thanks for Caleb, Joshua, and Katie Beth. God gave me 3 bright and healthy children with their own unique talents and personalities. Each day they bring me joy and I am so thankful that they have each made a decision to live for Christ. They are so much fun.  Here are some pictures from our Thankgiving trip last fall to Gatlinburg. They were being silly!







I am thankful for my Mom and sister, Tobye. Losing Dad in 2007 has  caused us to walk through a dark valley in our lives, but even in death, God was faithful, allowing us to not only witness Dad's salvation, but also his passing from this life into Heaven.


Here is a picture of me with my Mom, sister, kids, and my Grandma Marie, my only living grandparent who suffers from dementia. The next picture is of my dad. It is a blessing to know, that one day will all be reunited in Heaven. Dad has already received his physical healing, and some day Grandma will receive complete healing in her mind.







God has also allowed me to be a part of a wonderful, loving church. The Lord has put people in our path throughout our ministry that have loved us and held us up in prayer.

God bless you all! Happy Thanksgiving!





No comments:

Post a Comment