Thanks for stopping by and God bless!

Monday, February 15, 2010

Snow Day....WooHoo!!!!!!!!

Last Monday morning, I received a text message bright and early from my friend, Lynett, whom I carpool with to work. She was letting me know that the local school was closed. My first thought was, "That's odd, maybe the heat is broken at the school." A few minutes later, I received a text from the college where I teach letting me know that our classes were cancelled. I realized then we must have gotten some snow or, most likely ice. I was suprised when  I looked outside and saw a beautiful blanket of snow on the ground. Lynett and I sent each other a text message almost simultaenously that read, "Snow Day...WooHoo."  That is one of the perks to teaching...we get snow days!




Now, I am sure my family in Nebraska and Indiana do not consider this much snow, but where I live, we are lucky to get snow once or twice a year. Most of the time it is more ice than snow, but last week we had beautiful, fluffy white snow that was perfect to make snowballs and of course a snowman.





Even big boys cannot resist playing in the snow. If you're wondering where Caleb is, he was inside sick with a cold, and didn't get to come out and play (poor, Caleb).

In the end, we decided to make a snow- lady instead of a snowman. We gave her a necklace, scarf, sunglasses, and an umbrella. She was a true "Southern Belle" snow lady. Of course we gave her a name. Introducing...........Elaine Pankey.........................................................





Although it was fun, I admit I am glad to see the snow melting. I am ready for some sunshine and warmer weather!

God Bless and stay warm!

Tonya

1 comment:

  1. It was a fun snow, wasn't it? I think Elaine looks like a perfect Southern (snow)lady! Cute pics!

    Have a great week, Tonya!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete